- Be of good moral habits with no arrest or conviction records for serious offenses, or multiple minor offenses. Arrests, citations, drug use history and other issues that are recent also factor into the selection process.
- Submit to a thorough background investigation..
- Have parental approval which includes signatures by the applicant and his/her parents or guardians on a general liability release form and a medical waiver form if the Explorer is a minor.
- Be of good mental and physical health.
- Have and maintain at minimum a 2.5 GPA in school.
Each prospective member must agree to submit to a thorough background investigation into their moral character and criminal history. This investigation is conducted by a Oxnard Police Officer Explorer Advisor.
The officer may look into the applicant’s school and work history and may choose to contact current or former teachers and employers and personal references.
Applicants must be truthful on all questions and paperwork. Dishonesty is grounds for immediate and permanent disqualification.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are welcome to complete an application found below and return a completed copy to the front desk at the Oxnard Police Department located at 251 S. C Street in Oxnard. Candidates can also obtain an application at the front desk.
Oxnard Police Department Explorer Application
Dates for Hiring
Dates for specific hiring will be updated on the web site on a regular basis.